So as you all know my kids are notorius for earinfections. Preston and colton both have tubes. Well I took Karleigh in a month or so again and she had earinfections. So we started ammoxicilin and that didn't clear it up. A few weeks later we are back in the doctors and she is put on augmentin. Well that didn't clear it up. So Monday I take her back in and they put her on Omnicef well Monday night she is up all night just screaming. Not like her she sleeps 7p to 7a. and So I felt something is wrong. But she does have the earinfection in the left and teething and has a cold. Well Tuesday she was up all night again just screaming. Her fever is 102. and not getting better. Then yesterday she was just listless continues not eating so I take her in last night 11:30pm and Sure enough her other ear is infected while on antibiotics. So she got a shot of Rocefen. Now we have to go back for 2 more shots.
Anyway I am just blogging that I am so sick of Ear Infections. I am tired and frusturated. Does anyone know why some kids get them and some dont'? and How the heck do you stop them from getting them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah, Celeste! That sounds horrible! I don't know some kids are just more suseptable to them, that stinks poor little guys and girl. I have an all natural remedy my mom used to do on me its worth a try, its all natural so there is no damage if it doesn't work. Garlic is a natural healer, so you go to a health food store or any store I think. Get some gel garlic capsules. Heat them up a little so that it is a soothing warm temp. then prick the top with a needle and drop a few drops in the ear and then place a bit of a cotton ball to keep it in place. I know it sounds so odd and it sounds like these infections are serious. But, its worth a try and it always worked on me. Good luck!
Post a Comment